Tuesday, January 19, 2010

9 Weeks

Baby:
Our baby is 9 weeks today. About as big as a grape. Or a bumblebee. Just a little over an inch.
He/she is ending the embryonic stage and entering the fetal period. Congratulations baby!
At this stage, baby has fingers, toes and eyelids, but arms are still a little nubby. It's teeth are beginning to form this week. (I feel weird calling it It, so for now, I'll just refer to as baby.)
Baby's nose is also beginning to form. And here's the big one this week. Baby's intestines are beginning to move out of the umbilical cord where they started to form, and into his/her abdominal cavity. Crazy!

Me:
My uterus is the size of a grapefruit.
I feel very pudgy around the midsection, and will attribute this to my large uterus, no exercise, and eating pretty much whatever I want. I have definitely been throwing in some good stuff too so baby can get his/her nutrients. I'm even drinking milk which isn't as bad as I remembered.
My boobs are huge! They've already grown almost a whole cup size. Of course the husband is loving this.
I got the o.k from the doc to start an exercise program, so I hit the gym today! Go me!
I'm happy to say that I feel great. There was some pretty bad nausea around the 6 and 7 week marker, but it's mostly subsided. A little in the evenings sometimes, but not bad at all. I do get tired in the afternoons, but I always have. Now I just have a better excuse for a nap. I pee a lot during the day, but so far only a couple of times at night. Hormones.... You'll have to double check with Michael, but I feel like they're not too bad.

Yesterday put me in a much better place mentally. I don't know why, but I was so worried that something would be wrong. Knowing now that our baby is growing, and it's heart is beating was the best news I've ever gotten. And I literally feel like a million pounds have been lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe. Thank you God.

Here's a pic of our little bumblebee:



And me at 9 weeks - 114 lbs.





5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you - and me to be close by for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, you look great! Good for you for working out. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! Love these updates!! You look terrific- definitely have the pregnancy glow :)

    ReplyDelete