Friday, January 29, 2010

It's True

My dear friend Mrs. Sava has always kindly called me an old lady.
Yes, I'm always cold and I like to wear warm sweaters and socks.
Yes, sometimes my verbiage is that of a grandma.
Yes, I always have tissues lying around and in my pockets.
(This next one could be TMI for you....)
Yes, I prefer a pair of cute briefs over a thong.
I'm sure Jamie would love to bring you up to date on some of my other grandma traits.

Yesterday I joined a walking group of 75 year olds ++, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. We walked all around Mission Valley Mall. Everyone was so excited about my pregnancy and about having a "fresh breath of air" to the group.... It was a great time :)

**I didn't realize when I attended that it was a "silver sneakers" kind of group, and don't know that I'll be back, but I do know that my "old soul" enjoyed it!**

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny. Kind of like the time I went to get my hair cut at a salon up the street (pre-Jamie moving back) years ago, and when you walk in there's a wall so you can't see in the back. When I'd already committed to a haircut I walked around to the back and saw that everyone had blue hair. They were all in shock and awe that I had such beautiful long hair. One lady said I was sooo lucky, hers use to be long, but stopped growing past her shoulders when she was 70.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Crystal, you are a little old lady in a young woman's body. Here's an old school Stables quote for you, "There's too many damn beans in this Navy Bean soup." The old lady who said that was classic. Oh, by the way, is the name of your walking group 'Cocoon'?

    ReplyDelete