Sunday, March 21, 2010

Skunked

We got skunked!!!!

And it was terrible. Absolutely terrible. One more time.... Terrible.
We got home around 10:30 Friday night after taking the boys to the Coaster down on the boardwalk. They were all on bikes, so my friend Julie brought me home. She and I got here first, and smelled skunk as soon as we stepped out of the car, but that's not out of the norm.
As soon as I opened our door, it was the most horrible smell you've ever smelled in in your whole life. Except it didn't smell like skunk. It smelled like an electrical fire, or burning plastic, but times 100. You couldn't stay in the house longer than a few seconds without gagging. Julie made me wait outside while she checked around to see what it was, but we couldn't figure it out. Then we saw Cali. She had this weird oil all over her face.
She must have gotten sprayed and then come in through the doggie door and rubbed it on the carpet, couch, etc.
After a break down on my part, we sent the boys to stay with Julie at her house, and we stayed at the neighbors just until we could figure out where to start in the morning. Poor Cali had to stay in the backyard for the first time since we've had her.

Long story short.... She rubbed it on the couch (which is now in an alley), on the carpet (which we'll have cleaned soon), on her new bed (which is now in the trash), and the rest was just the terrible odor that comes with a skunk. We scrubbed our house top to bottom, and it's gradually fading away. She smells much better now after three baths in a special solution and a de-skunking potion.

So if I smell a little skunky next time you see me, that's why.

Hopefully it will fade away completely soon.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! What a story. I'm sorry to hear about all that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh! That is NAST. Sorry girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible!!! It makes me think of the Daisy of Love episode where a skunk got in the house....http://fakeitilyoumakeit.onsugar.com/Skunk-Wins-3224018

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is TERRIBLE! KP suggests cleaning your house in tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete