Monday, July 12, 2010

34 Weeks

Oh my goodness, we are going to have our little man in 6 weeks or less!
Life has been very busy lately preparing for Jack. It is such a special time for us, and I'm enjoying every moment. I have however, had quite a bit of anxiety lately. Not about him coming, but about having everything ready. Michael has to remind me, and I have to step back, take a breath and remember, that even if everything spinning around in my mind right now isn't accomplished, Jack will be fine. We will be ready. God has prepared us for this.
We are in our third week of our birthing classes which have given us some great preparation techniques and important information. We have breastfeeding class next week, and then newborn basics the following week. The car seat is installed, Michael has a long list going, and I've started packing my bag.

My San Diego shower is this weekend! I'm so excited to be surrounded (again) by friends and family that love and support us and want to share this special time with us.
Maternity photo's are the following weekend. Busy, busy, busy.

The nursery is coming along very nicely. I'm waiting on a few more pieces to come in, and then we'll be all set.

I've been having some pretty bad lower pack and pelvic pain. After my last doc's appointment, I learned that I'm carrying Jack very low because of my short torso. He has nowhere else to go. He is head down, (which is good) and his head is resting on my pelvic bone. (That's why I'm so sore.) Dr. Blake assures me that this doesn't hurt the baby in any way.
Sleep is tough, but I take great naps.

Here's me at 34 weeks.


3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe Jack will be here so soon! What an exciting time for you and Michael.

    ReplyDelete