Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hobbies

Lately I've been exploring new hobbies that have interested me for a while. My newest venture is cooking. I enrolled in a 5 week series called "Getting Started In The Kitchen". I can absolutely visualize myself being a great cook, creating simple yet delicious dishes for family and friends, and hosting fabulous parties where I planned AND executed the menu. A girl can dream right.
So, I'm starting with the basics. I'm going to try and cook dinner at least twice a week using simple recipes that will help me become more comfortable, and then I'll build on that.

I know that it seems kind of funny that I've been in the restaurant industry since I was 18, taken multiple culinary classes in college, and did extensive kitchen training at P.F Chang's, but.....
Now I'm ready and paying attention. I promise :)
(Don't worry mom, it wasn't all in vain. I've got the management and planning thing down pat.)

Also on the list to explore in the near future:
Photography ( I think I take cool pics)
Swimming


5 comments:

  1. I've got tons of very simple recipes (few ingredients and short prep/process) if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm interested. Thank you! I can't wait till I can make you dinner in a few months in California!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi peanut - Just wanted to know you have a blog follower! JS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna come too! I never realized how ironic it was that you never got into cooking til you wrote that. You have always wanted to be a good cook though. Whenever you want one of my 5 recipes that I know how to make just let me know!

    ReplyDelete