Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Birthday Fun

Since I've been with Michael, he has always made my birthdays very special.
(He's kind of taken over for my mom.) She always made birthdays special for us growing up.
Year one he took me to Napa.
Year two was a great dinner with friends, and a beautiful birthstone ring.
Year three was an intimate dinner with the two of us at my favorite restaurant, Oceanaire.

This year was no exception.....

I knew a surprise was planned, but had no idea what. He didn't let on to any clues.
When we got home from church, there was a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers waiting for me.
Michael made us lunch (chicken sandwiches and salad), and then told me I could nap or do whatever, but to be ready by 4pm.
He helped me get dressed by telling me yes or no to each outfit I put on.
Once on the road, the direction we headed wasn't to any where familiar.
As I started to see signs to signs for Miramar airport, anxiety set in. (I thought maybe we were going on a surprise trip, and I kind of worried about the packing :))
Michael asked me if I had ever flown a plane before.....

Side Note:
Our new friends The Dryden's have a flight school, and Will is a pilot.
(They made us a great dinner at their house on Saturday night!)

Once we pulled in, I saw The Dryden's car, then Will, then his airplane with doors open ready to go!!!
Nervous!

We went up, took a beautiful flight along the coast then back around by downtown. I did a little flying, but pretty much just got to enjoy the ride.


Then Michael had arranged dinner at one of our favorite little restaurants in our neighborhood with The Dryden's and The Hamiltons (our next door neighbors).
Great company, great food, great wine, and to end the evening perfectly, a great cake.
He went to the bakery where we got our wedding cake, and had a birthday cake made in the same flavor.



It was such a special, surprising day that I will never forget.

Thanks to everyone for all of the warm wishes!




7 comments:

  1. WoW! What a birthday. He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday suprise- he's a keeper!! PS how was flying? I'm so scared of the small planes, but also secretly intrigued by it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what... It wasn't that scary at all. (I was terrified too.) This plane actually has a parachute for the plane, so if anything were to happen, you would just float to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an awesome birthday!That's an incredible amount of detail and care he put in. He needs to talk to Ryan about how to plan a birthday! My grandmother took her first plane ride in the cockpit of a small plane an never wanted to fly again. I bet it was a little more nerve racking 60 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! that is so cool, scary and sweet, all in one. Happy Birthday Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and thoughtful husband you have. I'm glad he treats you like a princess - that's how it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael is so thoughtful! I am so glad you had a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete