Tuesday, February 16, 2010

13 Weeks

We got a very unexpected surprise today. We're having a boy!
Wow! Obviously we are more excited than I can put into words, and my head is spinning. I actually get to start planning now.
And, we're officially our of our first trimester. (According to Dr. Blake. Some sources say end of 12th week, some say end of 13th. I'm going with our source because we think he's great, and totally trust him.)

I must say, and not to brag by any means, that it was a very easy (and scary) 12 weeks. Easy because symptoms were almost non-existent, and I have felt great most of the time, and scary because I didn't feel pregnant.
Now I've seen our beautiful little man, and can breathe again. Thank you God.

Our baby is almost 3 inches, and about the size of a peach.
They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so here you go:

I love this one because it looks like he's smiling. When Dr. Blake was doing the actual ultrasound, he was moving all around and squirming quite a bit. He's a little wiggle worm.
Here's a good full body pic. It's a little difficult to capture a good pic of his arms, legs, hands, and feet in the pictures, but we saw them very clearly today.



Sorry, I can't get this picture to cooperate, so scroll down a bit.
What can I say? He's definitely not shy.....

Oh, and I've gained 2 lbs since my last appointment.



6 comments:

  1. hahah! I see his boy parts! I am so happy for you Crystal...and I love all your updates on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a boy! I'm so excited for y'all. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see you! (I think I've written that on every post to you, do you think I'm looking forward to seeing you?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!! I think that's the cutest ultrasound I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love those pics. I never got ultrasound pics that were that good. I hope your mind is at ease now and that you can enjoy your pregnancy. The second trimester is the best (actually all the way to 38 weeks is awesome!), and then you get to meet your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, that picture is so funny and cute. You can really see him in those pictures. And you are a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete