Tuesday, March 2, 2010

15 Weeks

Sorry, I skipped week 14 because nothing too exciting was going on.

15 Weeks
Baby - Please don't ask me why, but his nickname has become Jackrabbit. We throw around the name Jack a lot, and I guess that's where it originates. We have not settled on a name though.

This week Jackrabbit should be about 4 1/2 inches long. The size of an apple, or a naval orange, or a beefsteak tomato. (Although the naval orange I bought yesterday was HUGE, so I don't think he's that big yet.) Baby is "breathing" in amniotic fluid through his nose and respiratory tract. He's practicing for when he get out of the womb. He can also sense light and pressure from outside the womb. I still can't feel him, but should be able to in the upcoming weeks. Yay!

Me - I'm really starting to show! My pudge is getting bigger, and although I still probably just look fat to a stranger, those who know me can definitely tell. A weird side effect that all my books talk about that I'm definitely experiencing is "itchy gums". It's like I want to floss all the time because if feels good. It's called pregnancy gingivitus, and should just go away, but it's annoying. Other than that, I'm still feeling great!

Ok, here's my belly at 15 weeks: (I don't know my weight.)



And here's dads first gift for Jackrabbit. (Sports related of course)


4 comments: