Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Michael (the husband, father-to-be) here. My wife likes to get on her blog and talk about what's going on in our lives. She is very kind and is always quick to "dote" on me if I do so much as say, "God bless you", when she sneezes. Quite the encourager she is! Her sweet remarks fill me up in ways she'll never know. But tonight ... well, what can I say ... actions do speak louder than words.

About a month ago I got suckered into providing Chinese food for about 300 San Diego State University Men's Basketball fans (long name for sure ... SDSUMBB fans for short) for a pregame activity. Of course I said yes because I have made a career of getting in over my head. Nothing pleases me more than to stress myself out. and anyone in my sphere of influence for that matter, by making hasty, last-minute plans for something I never wanted to do in the first place. I've mastered it! My wife knows this all too well ...... but she loves me anyway.

You know you are loved when someone cares enough to not want to see you fail.

You know you are loved when someone says, "just do what I say" because they're the only one who knows what's going on .... and you listen because you don't know what's going on.

You know you are loved when your wife plans your entire event, makes you a checklist, loads her own car with all the supplies you need, and drops all the dirty dishes off in the morning.

You know you are loved when people tell you what a great time they had and all you can do is thank the one who made it possible .... your PREGNANT, and sick, wife.

You know you are loved when you get to stick around and watch the second half of the game.

You know you are loved when a young-college-kid helping out says he can't wait to be married because he sees what it's really all about .... selflessness, companionship, and loyalty in the most ordinary circumstances. Especially, in a world that promotes adult-adolescence and self-worship.

You know you are loved, and in love, when it's nearly midnight, at the end of an 18 hour day and just before you go to sleep you want to say "THANK YOU" one more time without disturbing the one you love.

My wife, Crystal, is an amazing woman and is going to a great mother. I am so blessed and thankful for everyday that I have with her. I don't know if I could do what she did tonight without being a little grumpy, a little rude, or a total jerk, but she was perfect in every way. I was truly inspired by her heroism and am honored to serve her as my bride.



2 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you baby. I'm happy to do it, and happy to be your wife. Love you! Thanks for making me cry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Love it. You guys are so sweet. There's nothing better than being married to your best friend and biggest supporter.

    ReplyDelete